Monday, July 16, 2012

Nipplegate

I arrived at work to a firestorm today. Before I could even open the door to the building I was getting complaints about something an acquaintance wore this past weekend. Now I didn't get too excited about the complaints because it was just from a couple of people and some people have different views of appropriate clothing for different events, so I listened as I opened up the office, made the appropriates concerned sounds, and went about my day. 

Within an hour I had five more complaints, several of them very graphic about what could only be described as "Nipplegate."  Evidently this acquaintance wore a very sheer, low cut top without a bra, and her nipples were very prominent during the event in question.  During the complaints I learned a lot about what type of bras are now available for different clothes and about nipple covers. One woman even said that if this person was going to continue wearing such clothes she would gladly make her some tassels so she could learn to make the tassels spin and she could at least entertain with those "things."

After hearing all the complaints, and explaining that I really wasn't in any position to do anything about this person's apparel, I made a phone call asking a friend I know to be totally impartial in the situation to call me when she had time.  When she returned my call this afternoon, I asked her if the word "Nipplegate" meant anything to her.  She immediately asked me if I was talking about our mutual acquaintance.  I started laughing and asked her if it was as bad as I had heard.  She confirmed that it was very bad, but she did agree that she didn't know what I could do about the situation.

I don't think this issue is going to go away anytime soon.  I think I just need to pop some popcorn and sit back and wait for the nipple tassel show.


No comments: