Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Dancing Saxophone Player ~ O My

The house band for our Alaskan cruise aboard the ms. Statendam was Keewa and the HALcats.  Loni and I went to see them the first time for the Sing A' Long night (sorta karaoke, but the Keewa helps you sing) up in the Crow's Nest.  The band was playing and getting everyone warmed up before hand and Loni and I were dancing in our seats when the band leader, the saxophone player, game off the stage and invited me to dance. Now I had been to see Rex before hand and so I went willingly.  During the dance he tried to convince me to get up and sing, but I told him no way, but I did enjoy the dance.  

A few days later Loni and I went to the dance night in the Showroom at Sea and as the band is playing Loni kept telling me that the saxophone player was coming for me again, and I said "no way."  Every time he would go off stage, she would say "he's coming for you."  Well, darn if she wasn't right, he finally came off the stage and asked me to dance, only this time he had his saxophone.  So we danced with his saxophone, and I was a lot more self conscious because we were in the showroom, and I had not been to see Rex.  This time during the dance he talked to me more about himself.  He had been with the band 4 years, was from Montreal and his name was Marc Antoine.  At one point in the dance he said "Wait, I have to work," and he dropped to one knee and played a saxophone solo right to me.  It was a "be still my heart:" moment.  

When I sat down Loni said "See I told you he was coming for you."  I then had to ask her what song was playing because I couldn't remember.  The answer "Unforgettable."  I had to laugh. 

Here is what "Unforgettable" sounds like on a saxophone, but my guy was better looking, and I think he played the saxophone better.

No comments: