Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Facebook Comes Through

I have been so sad lately.  Lots of reasons to be sad, but I usually can come through it okay, but I am not shaking this one. It is not that I am depressed, I am just sad.  

I knew yesterday that today would be a very bad day, and would add to my sadness.  I was struggling trying to get through my morning and decided that I needed to listen to John Prine on Spotify while I worked.  I also decided to post about it on Facebook because a Facebook friend and I have a running thing going about John Prine.  

My Facebook post said: "It is a John Prine day because I need an old friend today." My John Prine friend posted back a little something and I thought that was it for that post.  It was the answer I expected.

A few minutes later my phone pinged a text message.  The message was from a very dear friend who is always in my heart and keeps up with my Facebook page.  He asked me "You OK?"  I answered him that I was very sad, but not allowed to discuss why.  I also told him I was deeply touched by his concern.  A few texts back and forth and we are having lunch on Friday.

Now I know I he can't cure my sadness, but he can heal a lot of my wounds.  I can't wait to see him.  Facebook really came through for me on this one.


No comments: