Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day Two of Birthday Celebration Weekend, 2012

Day two of our birthday celebration weekend started off with a text message from my friend Nancy telling me that the oldest was in the Dallas Morning News again, so I had to text Loni and ask her to bring a copy along with her when she came over for breakfast.

Breakfast was homemade buttermilk biscuits for all and cheesy scrambled eggs for the oldest, Loni and me.  After breakfast it was time to open presents, all of which were very nice. The boys then went to play the game the oldest received while Loni and I talked.  

Once the boys finished their game, it was time for family game time.  A couple of games of Qwirkle was followed by the boys teaching Loni and me how to play Citadels, and then we played a couple of games of Split.  Loni really enjoys messing with the head of the youngest during game play and I really enjoy watching his response.  During all of the game play I also won a stare down with the youngest, not an easy feat these days.  

We all went to Chili's for dinner. I had to laugh because my youngest always orders the same thing and our waiter actually remembered that it had been about five months since we had been there and even where we sat the last time we were there because of my youngest's order.  

Once home we watched an episode of Lost in Space and Loni, the youngest and I had cake then Loni left after the show to work on homework.

Now the boys are playing games and I am watching my shows.  

It has been a wonderful weekend.  I love having both of my boys home!

 



 

1 comment:

Loni said...

That's because both of your boys always logically play to win. Though, I usually also play to win; there are times when my logic may not be the same as theirs... or when I just play something random to mess with their minds... ROFL!

Love them both; but it is definitely different strategy depending on what we are playing; in what play order; and what kind of mood the youngest, in particular, is in.