Saturday, April 28, 2012

I Need a Curfew

Thirty two years is a long time not to talk to someone, therefore Randy and I have a lot of life to catch up on. We also have to learn about each other and who we are now, so there is a lot of conversation about political, religious and moral beliefs.  We can talk for hours and not realize it.

For some reason yesterday involved a lot more talking than usual.  We talked a little over 2 hours in the late afternoon and then both hung up to run different errands with the understanding he would call me back in the evening.  When he called back in the evening we talked for 5 hours before saying goodnight, but then ended up back on the phone about fifteen minutes later and talked another hour.  We were still on the phone with the youngest came home around 4:00 A.M. from his pre-release Magic event. 

When the youngest came in I talked to Randy a few minutes more and said goodnight. Evidently the youngest wasn't sure if I had been on the phone when he walked in the room because he asked me if I had been on a phone date that evening.  When I told him I had just hung up the phone he said "I thought so, but wasn't sure."  Then he said something that cracked me up.

"Mom you need a curfew.  We can't be having shenanigans like this. Sheesh!"  

I know he was just kidding me, but he is right.  I had to get up early this morning and I do need a curfew.  I am tired!  

Randy did ask for another "date" this afternoon, but I might have to cancel for a nap!



 

No comments: