Monday, April 30, 2012

Who'd Have Thunk

Just clicked off my first Skype date.  

Being the old people we are, we had talk about the "who'd have thunk" 37 years ago that we would be "dating" on a computer.  

Actually it was fun, we were able to introduce each other to things around our house and get to know our personalities now.  He also does much better when he can see expressions when people talk, so it was easier for him to understand some of my points in the conversation.

I was able to finally see his roommate Mark, a super nice guy, but I felt like I was on display so I had to tell Mark that he had to leave the room now that he had seen me.  

I think we were both nervous about "seeing" each other in a way other than chosen photos, but it was very easy and there never was a lull in the conversation.  

Who'd have thunk?


5 comments:

Loni said...

So you peeled off the tape that your Tech Support so carefully installed?

Cheryl said...

Yes. I decided if the universe was gong to keep kicking me I should take another step. Glad I did, but the tech support wasn't wasted, the tape is there waiting to go in to effect at any second.

Unknown said...

Good for you! I'm curious - how dressed up did you get for your date?

Cheryl said...

Mina
I had on the clothes I wore to church that morning, but before the video call I did refresh my makeup and recurl my hair.
I wasn't in ratty robe!

Loni said...

I'm proud of you! I know it's a scary prospect, but you are doing very well at tackling it and have a sparkle that's been dormant.