Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What a Scary Weather Day!

It is Holy Week and therefore the peddle is to the metal in my office. I never stopped once I sat down this morning, but I did step outside twice to do an inventory and the weather was fine, overcast, but fine. 

An issue came up and I had one of my co-workers call one of the Trustees to get an answer to our question.  This particular Trustee is a volunteer fireman and he promptly informed the co-worker that we were in a tornado watch, we were in what was considered a tornado event, and there were tornadoes on the ground in some areas,  News to all of us.  

This news happened to come at the time I had to leave to go the doctor.  After quick consultation it was decided everyone would leave the building and that I would not return after the doctor.  

I drove into the neighboring town to go to the doctor.  It was my first visit, but they took me right in because they had so many cancellations due to the weather.  I arrived at their office at 2:00 P.M. and left at 3:00 P.M.  It was barely sprinkling so I went ahead and ran an errand for work at a nearby store. When I came out of the store, the tornado sirens were blasting.  After a moment of indecision I decided to get in my car and head home because the sirens actually sounded like they were in the next town over.  Once I was closer to home I stopped at the drugstore to get the medication the doctor told me to use overnight.  

Once I was home the weather here got a little wicked with wind, a little hail, and rain.  Fortunately, that was the worst of it for me.  Unfortunately for others, there were at least 12 tornadoes in the surrounding areas, and some towns have declared disaster status.  

I haven't heard of any major injuries, but I am not sure all the damage has been assessed yet.  

My prayers go out to all that had damages and loss today.  


No comments: