Friday, April 6, 2012

Where was Jack?

I had my own little Jack and Jill story today, only Jack was missing.

It was a very busy day at work. We had a Peter Rabbit Garden Party scheduled for noon, Seder meal at 6:00, Maundy Thursday service at 7:00, a revision of our brochures, and Easter services bulletins to complete.  As I was going back and forth between working on Holy Week and the Peter Rabbit party, I realized that it was 30 minutes to the party and I needed to use the bathroom while I still had the opportunity.  When I went into the bathroom I realized someone had stopped up the toilet so I got the plunger out and went to work. Unfortunately, I was not able to unclog the problem, so I had to come up with another solution.

As I was pondering the situation, I remembered we had someone working out in the field who could help me, so I off I went to ask for help.  Getting to the field was not a problem. I spoke to the man, and he said he would be in to help in just a minute.  On my way back into the building, I hit a wet spot in the grass and I went down.  My knees hit first but I was not able to stop there and was heading for a face plant so out went my hands.  It all was over in a matter of seconds and I was right back up on my feet, but as soon as I took a couple of steps, I realized my shoulder really hurt.  All I could think about was how I might have been better off with a face plant if I messed my shoulder up again.  

As I slowly walked back into the building the Jack and Jill rhyme popped into my head and I was trying to make up my own rhyme with a field and plunger, but then I thought "Where was my Jack?" Oh yeah, I don't have a Jack.  Seems I don't need to tumble after anyone, I can do it on my very own.  

No comments: