Sunday, April 1, 2012

Frisco Arts in the Square 2012

Loni and I went to the Frisco 2012 Arts in the Square today.  This is our second year to attend this arts festival. 

I enjoyed seeing some familiar artists and talking a some that were new to me.

My goal was to find a ring since I have asked the boys to buy me a new ring for my birthday.  Unfortunately, the artist I was hoping would attend this year did not, so I had to look at different rings.  I did not find the one I want for my birthday, but I did buy this one from T.K. Connor of Nashville, TN, only my gemstone is green.


I also purchased a metal print on brushed aluminum from Jean Claude Louis of Seattle, Washington.  I was interested in this print when I saw it at Artscape, but put off purchasing it that day.  When I saw it again today, I knew it was meant to be.  I bought it for my bathroom.



It was a beautiful day to be out and enjoying music and great art, but the wind was picking up and I was worried about some of the booths with glass, and delicate pieces.  The last booth I was in the paintings were starting to blow away from the sides about 2 feet.  I would have attached them from the top and the bottom.

Loni says "Mama C attracts all sorts."  She has certainly witnessed how that happens from our DART rail trip and some of our other outings.  Today was no different.  As we were leaving the festival and walking to the van, a white vehicle was coming towards us and the man driving kept waving.  It turned out he was waving at me.  He stopped and rolled down his window and asked if I could tell him what was going on.  I leaned down to explain about the art festival and got a huge nose full of pot smoke.  The young man was quite high and had obviously hit the munchie stage based on the white bakery bag and open chip bag on his seat.  I told him the festival was free, pointed to where he could park free and told him I thought he would really enjoy the art and music.  It was quite a while before the smell left my nostrils.  I hope he stopped and got some fresh air.  We were trying to figure out why he thought I could help him, was it the hat, or do I just look like a Mama to everyone.  

I am already looking forward to next year's Arts in the Square.


No comments: