Saturday, April 21, 2012

Running Out of Excuses

I guess I won't have any choice but to find myself this year because I am running out of excuses.

One of my biggest excuses for being stagnant the last few years has been my boys, especially the youngest.  After the conversation I just had with the youngest I guess I cannot use that excuse ever again.

I have another phone date tonight, but before I accepted the "date" last night I made sure it wouldn't interfere with anything my youngest wanted to do this weekend.  He said there would not be a problem.

This afternoon the youngest asked me when my phone date was and told me it was a funny thing to call a phone call.  I explained to him that the guy lived in northern KY and the phone was the only way to date.  He said "okay."

I then asked him if he wanted to know my date's name.  His response was "Am I supposed to care? What am I supposed to say "No hanky panky."  I said "No, but I thought you might like to know his name or how I know him."  He said "Not really."  

I asked him if he wasn't concerned that I might decide to move away to be with this man.  He said "Define moving away."  I said "Sell the house, and move to where he is."  He answered "Then I get a job to help pay for my apartment.  Who am I to tell you how to live your life? Do what will make you happy."

What a wonderful son.  What a brat! LOL   

He really is an amazing young man. 




2 comments:

ruma said...

Hello, Cheryl.

  Your work is embraced in your gentleness.
  And sweet message charms my heart.

  The prayer for all peace.
  I wish You all the best.

Have a good day. from Japan, ruma ❀

Unknown said...

Why am I not surprised by the youngest's response? He understands that you have a right to be happy and he has given you his blessings. What a sweet kiddo!