Friday, April 6, 2012

I Usually Know

When I love you, I usually know when things are not quite right.  Loni is well aware that I don't miss much when it comes to picking up on little things with the people I love, she says it is a "Mama thing."

I may choose not to mention that I know something is not right. I may choose to delay mentioning that I know, or I may get right in your face about it, but I usually know.  I determine how to act by judging the situation against the person.  Like with my youngest, you have to be careful with him because you can shut him down completely if you react to fast.  With another friend I have to make sure they have analyzed the situation a little for themselves before I start talking asking them about how they are handling things.

I have been burned in the last couple of years by caring too much and being direct about that caring, so I am more cautious than I was in the past.  There are some that I have learned to keep my mouth shut around.

The phone rang a little while ago and it was a friend pretending all was good, but I knew things were bad.  I could tell by the tone of voice and I could tell by the words they chose to speak to me.  I let them know I could tell things were very wrong.  They laughed me off, but I knew.  

I received a message a few minutes ago from this friend telling me that they were "In a bad way."  I told them I knew and asked what I could do to help.  Unfortunately, I cannot help them but they said they were glad I could tell.  Sometimes knowing someone cares about you enough to know when something is wrong is all it takes to bring a little comfort.  








1 comment:

Loni said...

Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run...

It's that Good Mama vibe that knows the quirks of each of the children and adjusts accordingly.

Love you!