Sunday, April 15, 2012

Friday the 13th, April Style

I had a lovely Friday the 13th.  

I started the day by picking up my friend Laura and driving McKinney to go to Happiness is Quilting so she could buy some fabric for a wall hanging she is making her brother. I was very good, I didn't even consider looking at the fabric.  After Laura made her purchase, we decided to walk around the square and visit the different shops. It was overcast out so it was not too hot to be walking around.  We went in and out of many shops and met some interesting people.  

After a couple of hours in McKinney we headed back to Laura's where we chopped up veggies and made a very nice salad for lunch.  A little more chit chat and it was time for me to head home.  

Once home I was blessed with a visit from my youngest as he needed Magic the Gathering cards for my oldest for Friday Night Magic.  We sat around and talked and watched one of the shows I had on tape before he headed back to campus,

Since the boys decided to make this our birthday celebration weekend, I went to the store to get supplies for Red Velvet Cake and Apple Pie. I also stopped by work to make sure everything was set up for a Saturday meeting.

Once home I had planned on taking a nap, but I got involved doing something else and then there was no time for a nap because I wanted to get up to TheGallery8680 in Frisco to see the 101x101 exhibit.  About 30 minutes before I was set to leave, Laura called and asked if she could go with me as she suddenly found herself alone for part of the evening.  Of course I said "Yes" and it wasn't long before I picked her up and we headed to Frisco.  There were not too many submissions to the exhibit that excited me, but my friend Kathleen had a green teapot and cups, so  I got to see those, and a couple of collages I liked. We were only there about twenty minutes.

Laura was kind enough to wait in the car while I ran into Target to make a return and then I took Laura home and came on back to the house.  I watched television until the boys came home.  Of course the oldest hadn't been home more than ten minutes before he had to go talk to the girlfriend so the youngest and I watched a favorite show and waited.  During the wait time I determined that neither one of them had eaten, so I suggested to the youngest that we all go to IHop since I hadn't had anything to eat either.  Once the oldest was off the phone, we all hopped in the van around midnight and off we went.  I had one of their light breakfasts with egg substitute, turkey bacon, toast and fruit.  The youngest had 2 orders of buttermilk pancakes, and the oldest had the "Split Decision Breakfast*  A hearty combination of two eggs, two crispy bacon strips, two pork sausage links, two triangles of French toast and two buttermilk pancakes." The youngest ended up not being able to eat 4 of his pancakes and the oldest finished those off too.  It was amazing to watch him plow through all that food.  

Once home we watched the newest episode of "Grimm" before heading to to bed. 

It was a great Friday the 13th.



No comments: