Sunday, April 1, 2012

I Worry So

One of my friends suffers from clinical depression.  He became suicidal last year and spent some time in a psych ward.  He was totally unable to function and work, and his family suffered in many ways, including a financial downfall that required them to sell their beautiful home.  His wife decided that it was just to much for her and they separated with her taking the kids.  His family was everything to him.  

He hates being alone.  He tells me it takes a lot of energy to get through every minute of the day.  He is praying his family is not damaged beyond repair but he doesn't know.  

I worry about him.  I haven't seen him since high school, but he was always a good friend to me.  We have reconnected like many of my classmates through Facebook.  He has reached out to me many times when he thought I might be sad. 

I don't know how to help him, except to remind him often that I care and am here to listen to him.  

I do worry about him so.  He was always so sweet. 

I pray his new therapy helps him get back to a place he can function and that his wife will give it all another chance.  


No comments: