Thursday, April 19, 2012

Woke Up Smiling

I woke up smiling this morning and almost giddy with happiness.  At first I thought it was because if you add up the hours I have slept in the last two days it would only equal six hours and I was probably delirious, but then I took an inventory and realized I was just really happy.  

Once my eyes were adjusted I checked my cell phone.  My friend Charles gets off work at 6:00 A.M. in KY and he sends me a good morning text before he goes to bed.  This morning's message read:
"Good morning my dearest sweetheart, may your day bring you much joy and happiness to your beautiful heart. Now that was a good one right there!!!!" So not only was I happy this morning, I was laughing.  Charles is a very sweet man, I hope he finds someone that will appreciate him and bring him happiness because he goes out of his way to make me smile each day.

I hope I can carry this happy feeling through the day and night since I will be working until 9:00 P.M.  If not, I can read my text again.  

I am surrounded by love no matter where I am, and I always have been.  Whether my friends are just down the road, or hundreds and hundreds of miles away, they are still my friends and they love me, even the ones I haven't seen in 35 years. 

So the finding me part of this is I need to figure out why I am so blessed.  What qualities do I have that makes anyone care for me enough to try to make me smile each morning?  I don't see myself as being that kind of person, but then I have self-esteem issues.

Everyone have a happy day!

1 comment:

Loni said...

Because you are a good, kind, honest, loving, caring, and giving person... you get back from the world what you put into it. You always have a kind word to say to people and bless them in so many ways, that it's only a fit balance in the Universe for those type of blessings to come back to you.

You are far more critical of yourself than you are of anyone else.