Sunday, January 2, 2011

Accomplishment #1

I started the New Year off with the idea of reaching a big accomplishment ... I tackled the laundry room. 

First thing this morning I hired the boys to help me.  We purged cabinets of old papers, hardware parts to items no longer owned, wedding gifts no longer used, dried up glue, old mouse traps, etc.  

The youngest took on the dirtiest of jobs which was to take out an old shelving unit we no longer use and to clean out from behind the washer and dryer.  In the process, he found a rather large, long snake skin.  Fortunately, he did not find the snake that went with that skin.  

I also decided that there would be no dirty laundry left when the day was done.  I actually did not want to start today with dirty laundry, and I made a great effort yesterday to make sure that didn't happen, but I had no idea how much laundry the oldest had actually brought home with him.  I am not sure why he brought so much laundry home since he has a washer and dryer in his apartment, but there sure was a lot of  laundry in there, including a couple of pieces from his girlfriend, and two unknown shirts.  I am thrilled to say that I just finished hanging up the last of the laundry.  I know I did at least 12 loads of laundry in the last two days, but other than what the youngest and I are wearing right now, the only dirty clothes are the ones I found in my oldest's bedroom tonight, and he will be washing those himself.  

So far my New Year's resolution is in tact.