Friday, January 28, 2011

Observations from the Sick Couch

As much as I love television, I don't keep it on randomly.  It has to be on something I want to watch or listen to or it gets on my nerves (like football, really, really, really gets on my nerves).  However, yesterday I didn't feel well enough to get up off couch, could not read, could not sleep, did not want music, and could not quilt, which only left laying here staring at the beautiful green walls, looking outside, or turning on the television.

Here is what I observed about those three things from the sick couch:
  •  I had no idea there were so many food commercials on during the day and evening.  When you are sick you really do not want to see ads for Chili's, KFC, Olive Garden, or Chef Boyardee.  
  • There are a lot of really loud, obnoxious scantily dressed people on day time television.  I know I am loud and obnoxious, but I am usually fully clothed in public.
  • Those ads where you can call in to meet people on the phone, where the women advertising the service are all in skimpy outfits pretending to be talking on the phone as they squirm across a bed and run their hands up and down their body or the phone cord...why are they all women?  They say you can meet men or women on these phone services, so why don't they have a sexy man in tight short boxers writhing on a bed while he fondles a phone cord?  That is what I want to see.  Well actually last night I saw one where it showed the man the woman was supposedly talking to, but he was shirtless, wearing jeans and sitting at a desk with his feet up and he didn't look as interested as the girl that was rolling all over the bed in her tight pink whatever. 
  • "Designing Women" still cracks me up.





  • It is not relaxing to watch reruns of shows I just saw two months ago because I start trying to remember what the next scene will be and it becomes a big mind game.  
  • Squirrels are a lot of fun, but I wouldn't want one in my house.
  • My solar lights are still very entertaining at night.
  • The doves are really fat right now.
  • The blue jays have not been around.
  • Mr. Woodpecker has a favorite tree.
  • I am sick of the outside being so brown.
  • I really love my green walls.  
  • I need to wash the windows again.
  • I don't like how dusty the black television gets, but trying buying any other color these days.
  • Why can't you buy a green television?
  • I don't care what John says, my Harvey rabbit does not look evil.


No comments: