Sunday, January 23, 2011

Accomplishment #23, Part 1

Today I started cleaning my room.  I took everything out of the armoires and started sorting.  I have been at it for over an hour, and I am sitting down now for a water break and to write a note to my dearest friends.

Dearest Friends,

Unless I lose 100 pounds, never, ever allow me to buy night wear again.  

Love,
C


I had no idea I had so many nightgowns, night shirts, night tops and shorts, and pjs.  Almost all from Jockey. Only two of the night shirts are ratty, and no I will not get rid of them as they are the softest and coolest in the summer.  

I have been sorting purses the last 20 minutes.  I have a full laundry basket of purses to donate.  All in very good condition.  Two of them are green.  One is cool, looks like a bowling bag and I love the color, but it has always been too heavy for me.  The other one is paisley, but it does not have enough pockets for me.  I thought about keeping it for a travel bag, but I have plenty of those too. 

I am trying very hard to be tough on myself and get rid of items.  It is not easy for me to do, but it is time.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of freecycle.com? It is a website dedicated to getting junk out of our houses to people who want and can use it. The goal is to keep things that can be used from going to the dump.
You sign up on the website and post what you want to get rid of. For example- Offer: one bag full of lady's purses, mostly green. People who are interested will email you and you choose one and give them a pick up address. I usually sit stuff out by my mailbox. Some people do porch pick up. You don't even have to be there when they come get it. Unless it is a heavy piece of furniture or something heavy from the garage. They come, they haul it away.
People also post things they want on their and if you have it to give it can prod you to clear it out.
If you are not in the process of cleaning out and don't want to be bothered by the emails coming in you can put your account on hold.

I like this because I hate throwing things out. BUT I also hate hauling things to the donation site. I tend to end up with boxes and bag ready to go sitting in my garage for months at a time This is so easy.

Just fyi.

SerenDippity