Saturday, January 15, 2011

Accomplishments 12 & 13

Wednesday, January 12th, I thought I had been run over by a semi.  The after effects of the arthrogram were quite severe.  It took me a long time to get ready for work and then I had to rest.  I came home in the middle of the day because the pain was making me sick to my stomach, but I rested and went back to finish the job I was working on.  It would have been easy to say "Fooey" and not  complete  an accomplishment that evening, but that would have started a downward spiral. I decided instead to take an extra Aleve, wait a little while and then start on my accomplishment #12.

Accomplishment #12 was that I cooked dinner for Loni (even though she offered to bring dinner) making Spinach Salsa Burritos and then I cleaned the kitchen.  I even scrubbed the skillet and some cookie sheets. After Loni left I also cleaned out another small area of my bedroom.

On Thursday, accomplishment #13 included washing a load of jeans (even included some of the oldest's and his girlfriend's laundry), washed up the kitchen from the youngest making muffins, and worked a little more in my bedroom before retiring for the night.  
I am quite pleased with how well I am keeping up with my daily accomplishments.  It makes me feel better mentally, and keeps everything from piling up around me.  

I am even keeping up with the junk mail on a regular basis.

I need to come up with a spot for important items besides the spice rack. I had to put the cd of images from my arthrogram in there so that I would remember where it was when I go back to the Dr.  That seems to be the only place I can remember to look for things.  Maybe I need to find something to hang on the wall under it to put important letters and things in so that I can leave the spice rack alone and be able to find my spices when I cook.


No comments: