Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Love Him, but the Oldest is Driving me Crazy!

My oldest son is all of the following (in no particular order):
  • Sweet
  • Kind
  • Considerate (most of the time)
  • Gentle
  • Intelligent
  • Handsome
  • Funny
  • Interesting
  • Frugal
  • Loyal
He has many more wonderful qualities besides those, but I can't think of any more when I am so aggravated.

The boy really needs to "grow some balls" when it comes to his girlfriend and their relationship.  The angst this relationship causes him sometimes is ridiculous and so  unnecessary.  He will not stand up for what he wants.  Tonight he is doing something he wanted to do, and something he didn't want to do.  In fact, earlier in the day he actually put his foot down and said he was only doing part of the evenings activities she had planned, but then she complained and he capitulated. Of course in the process of him giving in, I have to listen to, watch, and try not to kill him while he is getting ready to do something he does not want to do because he did not stand up for himself.  I just want to scream!
Raymond was not that way.  Of course, the boys may not be able to remember that since they were still young and probably not paying attention when Raymond became ill.  It could be the only role model they have of how a man and women relate is the one where I pretty much ran the show because Raymond was too ill, or didn't care because he was feeling good and just wanted to d his own thing.  

I just don't see that they are having any fun in their relationship.  They have been together over a year, but are not engaged, or anything more than not dating others.  Why aren't they out having fun, laughing, and learning new things instead of bothering about all these relationship issues that may not come into play if they decide to stay together.  After all, they both still have a lot to learn and some growing up to do before they get married.  

Did I mention that most of their arguing is done by text?  Type type type, slam.  Type, type, type, slam.  Loud sigh. Start process over again. 

I just hope I survive.


No comments: