Monday, January 17, 2011

Great Family Day

Today was family day at our house.  The youngest has been home on winter break for a month and tomorrow he goes back to campus. 

The youngest, oldest with girlfriend, and I went to see the "Green Hornet" early bird movie this morning.  We followed that with lunch at Macaroni Grill.  We all enjoyed the movie, and I don't know about the rest of the bunch, but I very mindfully enjoyed my lunch.  In fact they had to wait quite a while I finished, but the boys were yammering about something I didn't understand and the girlfriend was drawing on the table, so I didn't care.  

After lunch I took the youngest on a promised trip to Lonestar Comics so he could purchase booster packs of Magic the Gathering cards.  They offered him a 15% discount if he bought all the packs they had left of one of the series and so he was quite pleased with his purchase.  Not so sure the oldest was happy as he tried to make a deal with the youngest to purchase some of the packs, but youngest was not dealing.

The next stop was Entertainmart so I could purchase Donnie Darko.  As I was checking out I saw a copy of The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and picked it up too.  I like quirky movies, even if I do end up having to watch them all alone.  

Last stop was to Target to pick up more chocolate for my bowl since the youngest and John were heavy into it last week and the youngest had the last three pieces yesterday.  Must have chocolate in the house at all times for emergencies.  

Once home the youngest went to visit a friend, the oldest and his girlfriend played video games, and I took a very long nap.  

It was a great family day.

No comments: