Friday, January 28, 2011

Here I Sit Thinking

I have the front window and the back door open to get cross ventilation.  I have a fan running at full speed directly on me and I feel like I at a sweat lodge. 

I am hoping this is the last day of this and I will be back to normal tomorrow.  

I did do a little hand quilting this afternoon.  I was watching "Designing Women" and laughing so I know good mojo went into each stitch.

I am hoping the youngest will run the vacuum cleaner for me this weekend.  I don't think I have the strength for that yet, I had to take a 20 minute rest after scrubbing the kitchen sink.  

The youngest should be home soon since the oldest was picking him up for me and bringing him home.  I hope they eat on the way home.  I don't have anything here for him. I could drive him to the store later and he could go in and get some things.  He let his license expire so he can't drive himself.  Brat.  That will be taken care of next weekend.  

The girls, Loni and Mina, are on Oahu tonight finishing up this year's Hawaiian vacation.  I hope they are having fun. 

I am saying prayers for my friend Marie.  She is having trouble getting a good diagnosis.  If you are reading this, please say a prayer for her too.  
Jill's family got good news this week, so prayers answered there. She has been working a lot of extra hours, I hope she doesn't get worn down and sick.

I am blessed to have such wonderful friends that nursed me through my illness.  Especially Kathy.  I am so glad I know nurses.  
Talked to my brother today.  He told me a sad funny story about one of our old neighbors.  She is the last of the two couples.  For years it was my parents and the couple next door that got together and watched television or sat on the back porch having cocktails.  It was at this neighbor's house where we all first saw Tom Jones on television.  I remember my neighbor's sister having to unbutton her blouse and fan herself and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her.  

I was looking at Facebook today and wishing some of my relatives would tag their pictures.  I haven't seen some of them in 40 years and I can't figure out which one is which when they are all so close in age.

I can't believe someone let their baby drown in the bathtub because they got distracted playing "Cafe World" on FB.  It just doesn't take that long to give a kid a bath.  Put them in the bath, soap them up, rinse them off, dry, dress.  How hard is that?  Even when my boys were big enough to be in the bath by themselves, if they had to shout out "I'm OK" on a regular basis as I read in the hallway.  Usually they didn't need to because they were talking to their toys or singing, but if it got quiet there was a "You OK?" "I"m OK" conversation immediately. 

I am worried about having shoulder surgery.  What if it gets messed up worse than it is and I can't quilt? Can't quilt very long like it is though, so what would be the difference?  The pain is very annoying.  Really want to get it done before going to Alaska in 2012.

Monday I start the final process for the beginning of my plan.  Yeah me!

I hope I can keep this ten pounds I loss being sick off.  That would be a great way to start the year.

Why don't they have unscented spray deodorizers for fabric?  Maybe they do and I haven't found them yet.

Will I ever stop being so hot?  This is ridiculous.  

Guess I will empty the dryer.  That will keep be from sitting here thinking.  




No comments: