Sunday, January 23, 2011

Not an Inspiration

Several people in the last couple of weeks have told me they are inspired by my daily list of accomplishments.  I had to laugh though when my friend G told me that I was inspiring her to do something everyday.  She is the one that started me on this whole daily accomplishment. 

G was visiting one night and I had to do some cooking for a party.  I asked her to sit in the kitchen and keep me company while I worked.  I am the first to admit that the cooking area of my kitchen is very clean, but the bookcase and the display case in the dining part of my kitchen often need dusting.  As I was cooking G was looking around and said "You really should dust in here."  That did it!

I used to dust and clean each shelf weekly, but since I have been living by myself, I have really slacked off on that duty.  In fact, I still haven't done it this year. It is on an upcoming list.  I just need someone here to help me with that one because of my shoulder.  The glass shelves need to be lifted out and carried to the sink for washing so I can get both sides.  

I think part of the problem is that I only go in the kitchen to eat on nights Loni is here for dinner, or I have all the girls over to eat.  Most of the time I just fix something and go right in to the living room to sit and watch the birds while I am eating.  This is especially true in the winter since the kitchen has that big bay window that gets all the north wind.

No I am not an inspiration. I am a slacker trying to catch up.


No comments: