Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stuck

I went to physical therapy today.  I figured it would not be a good day since the pain level was running about a 6.  Since it was my last day of therapy Rubin had to measure my range of motion again.  He measured it last week right after the arthrogram when it was at is worse, or so we thought.  The numbers today were the worse ones yet.  Rubin said I was going to give him a bad name since I keep getting worse instead of better with therapy.

After the measuring, I did the hand bike for 8 minutes and moved on to the pulleys.  I did the first two minutes just fine, and only had 30 seconds left on the second set when my left arm went up with the pulley, but didn't want to come down. It was like the muscle froze and it was so tight I couldn't bring my arm down.  I sat there for a few seconds to see if it would relax and go down, but nothing was happening.  Rubin looked over and asked if I was "stuck,"  I had to admit I was.  He came over and slowly brought my arm to the front of me and lowered it down.  That was pretty much it for PT today. 

No comments: