Monday, January 17, 2011

Most of my Family is Leaving Me

Will the last one out please shut the door.

Most of the family is leaving me this week.  

The youngest goes back to school to live on campus tonight.

The oldest went back last week, but he has been home enough not to be missed, however today is the real move out day.

John finished all his work and won't be around.  

Loni and Mina leave Thursday for their annual Hawaii vacation and Grandma's birthday.  

BFF is working a lot of overtime.  

Guess I will be busy quilting, reading, and on yeah, Loni gave me a really cool new puzzle so that table is going to be set up again.  

I hope my boys have a good semester, the girls have a fabulous time, John gets lots of new jobs,  and BFF gets some rest.
Several people have asked me if I will be sad this week,  and I can truthfully say "No." It has taken a long time, but I am really starting to enjoy my own company and I like being alone.  That does not mean that I mind people coming by whenever they want, it just means I am okay either way.  

3 comments:

Loni said...

I'm hoping to find some art or interesting Hawaiin fabric/quilt info in lieu of the traditional macadamia nut gift o'calories.

Cheryl said...

Traditional Hawaiian quilts are very different from mainland quilts. Art/Fabric/Book will be appreciated over calories. Of course, nothing is expected except that you have a wonderful, relaxing time full of laughter and love.

Anonymous said...

I need you to send John my way! My front porch is falling down and needs replacing so I want to extend it a bit to make it more useful. But I HATE hiring contractors because you never know if you can trust them to know what they are doing. I have been burned so many times. You seem to be very happy with all the changes you've made and the photos show how lovely they are.

I've been keeping up with all your accomplishments and can't decide whether to be jealous or motivated!! I worked on clearing off my desk today and thought about you. Barely made a dent in the mess, but I decided that if I do something everyday and not ADD to the mess maybe I can dig out. grin.

I do know what you mean by loving to have family around but still being able to appreciate alone time. Alone time is good.

SerenDippity